Public Relations Intern
Ideal candidates have a passion for developing marketing strategies, consume media across all platforms, and make it their mission to stay on top of the latest trends in the industry.
- Organizing and distributing press clippings and materials
- Writing and editing press releases
- Participating in promotional planning and strategy sessions
- Presenting and developing pitch ideas
- Assisting in the planning and execution of special events including on-site assistance; and database management.
- Assisting with clerical and general support needs of Profiles, Inc.
- Major in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, or a related field. Juniors and Seniors in need of college credit preferred.
- Public Relations experience
- Strong written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Social Media Intern
Ideal candidates have experience across all social media platforms, an appreciation for brand strategy, and make it their mission to stay on top of the latest trends in the industry.
- Clip captured mentions of clients in the media
- Update media tracking reports to reflect mentions
- Maintain and organize media tracking binders
- Create press documents including press releases and calendar listings as needed
- Post events online at various event websites as needed
- Assist the Profiles team with miscellaneous projects and events as needed
- Manage the Profiles social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Assist with creating and managing editorial calendar
- Research new methods for supporting and growing engagement across all platforms
- Engage via social channels to clients and partners
- Assist with design, implementation and management of social media campaigns for Profiles clients
- Send updates on client happenings, articles, and press opportunities
- Attend meetings/sit in on conference calls with clients
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting
- Take and edit photos for social media
- Creative self-starter, comfortable taking initiative and collaborating on projects
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft applications (Word & Excel), basic photo-editing software and apps like Canva and VSCO.
- Familiarity with all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Snapchat
To apply, send a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.