The University of Baltimore was founded in 1925, became a state institution in 1975, and today is part of the University System of Maryland.
At a critical juncture in its history – under new leadership, about to complete long-awaited campus improvements, poised to become a four-year university – the University of Baltimore required the guidance of experienced marketing professionals to steer its transformation, providing powerful and effective messaging for a variety of audiences.
Profiles was awarded the contract as Agency of Record for the University in 2005, 2011 and then again in 2014 to perform the following work:
- Branding and Positioning: In 2005, Profiles completed a full branding audit for UB including research and assessment to establish a unique positioning for University of Baltimore. From the positioning, Profiles developed a new tagline for the university, UB. Knowledge That Works.
- Public Relations: In all three contracts. Profiles was hired to handle UB’s public relations for a number of projects, development and school news. Profiles developed effective messaging for the media and secured news coverage of the University’s Lower Division Initiative; plans for campus revitalization; Baltimore ’68: Riots and Rebirth Conference, the John and Frances Angelos Law Center, appointment of University’s new president and Law School dean, opening of the UB Veterans Center, and many others.
- Special Events: Since 2005, Profiles has played a vital role in developing, planning and executing a series of special events for the University including the groundbreaking and grand openings of the new Student Center, Veterans Center and John and Frances Angelos Law Center.
- Branding and Positioning: In 2007, University of Baltimore led the University System of Maryland in percentage enrollment increase. In 2008, University of Baltimore more than doubled its targeted enrollment goal; current full-time enrollment is the highest in the institution’s history. In reaching community leaders and donors, the fundraising total for the 2008 fiscal year broke the institutional record by almost 50 percent and more than tripled the previous year’s amount. The branding campaign continues to be used today and is a large part of UB’s recent success.
- Public Relations: News and feature coverage of the University of Baltimore has appeared in local, regional, national and trade media outlets including all four local television stations, Washington Post, The Chronicle for Higher Education and more.
- Special Events: The weeklong series of events surrounding the Student Center Opening attracted hundreds of people to see the new space and the campus’ revitalization projects. Nearly 200 VIPs attended the official grand opening of the center. Most recently, Profiles supported University of Baltimore for the August 2010 groundbreaking and April 2013 grand opening events of the John and Frances Angelos Law Center that were attended by several hundred of the most highly regarded community and business leaders, the most respected and influential members of the legal community, elected officials from the city, state and region, (including Vice President Joe Biden), media and members of the University community.